Thursday, 10 August 2017

Very odd odds and ends

I've been grinding away on getting some units painted for my return to Warmahordes and making slow progress but in the meantime I've painted a few figures for some fun and somewhat different gaming endeavours.

First up I painted up one of WizKids female Halfling Rogue models.  After my Warlock Of Firetop Mountain post I decided to paint up a small female figure for Zoe to use when we play the board game.  She may opt out and decide to use one of her own figures but I thought it would be nice to get something done.  I've also now got this figure in my back pocket if I need an "Alice" figure for A Red And Pleasant Land.


For my next two I'm back to A Red And Pleasant Land.
A while back knowing I wanted to play through A Red And Pleasant Land I picked up Reaper's 'modern Alice' pack thinking it would work perfectly well.  Upon closer inspection the lack of any classic adventuring equipment and the fact that she appears to be wearing Doc Martens means it feels a bit forced for a D&D game (will probably end up painting her anyway though).  However the pack also came with an absolutely fantastic March Hare model.  He has a great whimsical look to him but he also has a somewhat serious facial expression that I think will fit well with the setting.


The other figure I've been struggling to find and get right for far too long is a Cheshire Cat.  Almost a year ago I picked up a pack of Hoarcats for Malifaux thinking they would be a good fit but it just wasn't quite right and without re-sculpting a lot of fur I wasn't going to be able to get the smile right.  The solution finally came to me in the way that things like this went 30-40 years ago when people were desperately trying to find weird miniatures to game with; I'm re-purposing a toy.  Disney make a line of small collectible figures called 'Tsum Tsums'.  For the most part their look and proportions are well outside of my ability to picture them as anything other than a tiny toy but for the otherworldly Cheshire Cat somehow it just felt like it worked for me.


Hopefully brush back in hand I can get some momentum going and start getting more done and posting more regularly again.

Wish me luck!

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment