Friday 21 March 2014

A new version of Supersystem is coming!

I just found out the other day that my favourite superhero miniature game is getting a new edition; Supersystem is now going into a fourth edition!

For those of you who don't know Supersystem is a skirmish level superhero miniature game that has a full roster of characters but one of it's most popular features is that you can create any (literally ANY) character from any comic you've ever read and use them in your games.

I discovered Supersystem years ago when I was looking for a figure to represent my character in a Marvel Superheroes RPG.  I had a ton of Heroclix but the problem was that if I did a repaint or minor conversion and then one of the characters surfaced as an NPC during the game it would just be visually weird to me.  Luckily Supersystem had a figure that was perfect for my character, the name of the model in their range is Doc Shock.


My character was a darkforce energy manipulator (for those of you who know Marvel comics) who also had a secondary power allowing him to see through any darkness.  The Doc Shock figure was perfect and after I got him I started looking at other excellent figures in their range and adding to my collection.  The figure above is my third time painting Doc Shock and you should be seeing more supers here in a brighter colours over the next few weeks as I get ready for Supersystem's re-birth.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment