Sunday 18 March 2018

Garkas The Warlock (final form?)

After more back-and-forth than I think I've ever put into a character or a model before I have finally settled on a build for Garkas as well as a miniature.

As soon as I decided on an arcane spell-caster I was drawn to the Warlock because it seemed more flexible and sturdy than a traditional academic wizard.  I'm pretty stoked to see how that actually plays out in the game.

In addition to Garkas I also painted up a figure to use as his familiar when he hits 3rd level (I had originally forgotten the rule and thought he got his familiar at 2nd level).  As his allegiance is to "The Fiend" I went with a Dark Imp.  For the Dark Imp I used the WizKids Gargoyle which to me honestly looks too small to use as an actual Gargoyle.

One of the things I really like about using the older plastic Marauder model is that although he is still big and buff he is now a fair bit smaller and less bulky than his armoured Dragonborn adventuring companion.

Garkas is made up of a Games Workshop plastic Chaos Marauder miniature with a studded leather breastplate sculpted on and a backpack and some accessories from the Frostgrave soldier sprue.








I've already cautioned my DM that after re-doing my character 4-5 times and re-doing the miniature 4 times if he gets Tomb Of Horrored in our first encounter I'll probably just have a complete mental breakdown during our game.

Lets all hope that doesn't happen :)

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment