Monday 15 November 2021

Eridani Light Horse: Chocula's Battle Lance

 To round out my first proper company of Eridani Light Horse (more coming though) I present the Battle Lance commanded by Vlad Chocula.



The Battle Lance breaks the most of my units with Light Horse tactical doctrine being composed of 3 heavy mechs and 1 light.  Although the Catapult and the Valkyrie are still nimble and light on their feet the Warhammer and the Thunderbolt are brutes that are just there to pound enemies.  At the time of this writing the Battle Lance is my only unit that hasn't actually hit the table yet, although Lt Chocula did command an irregular unit in my last game.  My next game is slated to be the defending player in a Supply Raid scenario so I'm planning on the Battle Lance being hunkered down in the center of the table taking on Taurian Concordat scum as they advance.



In my early days of BattleTech buying and reading through all the original campaign packs where every company was made up of the often 'unseen' mechs it always surprised me how few of those units made use of the Thunderbolt, it always struck me as one of the best all around heavies in the game.

As I said before that brings the company proper to a close but I actually have 5 more mechs as part of my campaign force that I'll show everybody tomorrow.

And as always please support your FLGS, the good ones truly are the lynchpin of our hobby communities.



-Jay

 

No comments:

Post a Comment