Wednesday 24 January 2018

'32 Ford Hot Rod

After my game yesterday I decided to add one more wasteland-styled car so I can swap out at least one of my Warthogs next time I play with my raider-type force.  Over the years I've liked two different aesthetics for my duelling cars; the throwback Mad Max style seen here and some more polished Car Wars near future cars that I'm planning on doing next.

For this vehicle I was able to find a Hot Wheels '32 Ford.  I drilled out the posts on the bottom and took the car apart primarily so I could replace the stock flat untextured  wheels with the off-road wheels from a Matchbox dune-buggy.  I added a small single machine gun to the roof that is just a cutoff inverted end of a Heavy Gear missile launcher.  I added some mesh to the front windscreen area slapped some paint on and I'm calling it done.




Although I'll be using them for Gaslands my next 3-4 cars will definitely be inspired by old-school Car Wars art rather than Mad Max movies.

-Jay

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It was surprisingly little work and tons of fun to do.

      Delete
  2. WOW, this car looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude; you HAVE to play this game. I'm pretty sure when I came to visit I left a converted duelling car there.

      You HAVE to play this game.

      Delete