Sunday 14 November 2021

Eridani Light Horse: Anthony El Tigre's Pursuit Lance

Back again with (so far) the most consistent performers in Crunch's Cavalry; the Pursuit Lance led by Lt Anthony El Tigre.



For those unfamiliar with the Alpha Strike version of the BattleTech rules a Pursuit Lance has a very similar composition to a Recon Lance being made up of mostly lighter faster mechs but the difference lies in the lance special abilities.  The Pursuit Lance has an ability for 3/4 of it's members called 'Blood Hunter' which basically gives them a bonus to engage and destroy a specific enemy target.

This lance is highly mobile, and is also a great example of how you can use different mechs to increase your tactical flexibility (if you're better than me at keeping track of the rules).  In my last game the Wasp and Stinger made excellent distractions to some heavier more dangerous mechs, El Tigre's Phoenix Hawk was able to engage a heavier mech while staying on the move, and the Locust ended up potentially being the single biggest contributor by spotting for an Archer I had held back.



More than any other unit I've painted so far the Pursuit Lance has the 'feel' of being a true Light Horse unit and will probably appear in every game of my current campaign.

I'm looking forward to more BattleTech games in the near (3 days from now?) future and I've still got a few more tricks and surprises to hopefully spring on my opponent.

Just a reminder that BattleTech is available from your FLGS.  Due to it's unbelievable current popularity if you're interested I would highly recommend reaching out to your local FLGS to either pre-order or back-order the models you're interested in.



-Jay

   

No comments:

Post a Comment