Sunday 3 April 2022

Wotan Tamar March Militia

 Continuing through the 1st Sommerset Strikers campaign I'm getting ready for Episode 3: The Taking Of Wotan.

From the Inner Sphere side of the campaign there are two scenarios that use a substantial amount of non Sommerset Striker mechs, this is one of them.  One of the issues from a model collecting point of view is due to the repetition of the animation in the TV series the campaign is based on a player will need 9 Centurions and 8 Wolfhounds by the time the campaign is done.  The current (excellent) boxes of mech models from Catalyst are full lances or stars of mixed mechs, so I would have to buy 17 boxes of mechs (and end up with 51 EXTRA miniatures) to make the ancillary forces I need for the campaign.  To this end I have gotten some 3D prints of the Centurions and Wolfhounds to fill out my mooks.

In episode 3 of the Battletech Animated Series the opening sequence is Nicolai Malthus and his star wiping out the last remnants of the Wotan Tamar March Militia.  In the scenario the Militia is made up of two lances of mechs made up of some substandard quality mechwarriors.

Lt General Ansel Cabrillo's Command Lance



Lt Pam Genaro's Recon Lance



TMM Mauler



TMM Centurion



TMM Wolfhound



I might circle back to these figs later and add more red trim to accent the figures.  I also have to say one thing that confused me (not being familiar with the lore of the time period) is that when I looked up the Tamar March Militia online for colour-scheme their logo was a variation on the Federated Suns logo, but when I looked at their history they are listed as being a Lyran Commonwealth unit.  If anybody wants to fill me in please do.



Thanks


-Jay


No comments:

Post a Comment