Saturday 17 March 2018

Warlock - What I've learned (so far)...

After sharing around pictures of my figure for my Warlock the other day I got a lot of really constructive feedback.

There were issues and imperfections I was certainly already aware of but after looking at the feedback I got I decided to take another crack at it.

This time out I used a multi-part marauder as my base and started sculpting on the torso separately prior to assembly (which wasn't an option with my previous choice of model).  Once I got them side-by-side on my desk I also realised my first choice figure was HUGE, not only was he bigger and bulkier (which I was okay with) he was roughly the same size as the figure I did for a fully armoured Dragonborn Paladin, which in my mind made him now way too big.

Starting with a smaller figure and being better able to control the putty fixed a lot of the issues I had had on my first pass.  Having said that once I had him done he looked too much like a 'soldier' and not enough like an 'adventurer'. 


So I'm taking one more pass at this before I get painting.

My game isn't until Monday, I have plenty of time....

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment