Saturday 16 June 2018

Rolf The Barbarian!

I wasn't aware until I sat down to type this that I haven't posted in a month, ouch.  I've actually barely hobbied in a month which feels even worse.  Hopefully this weekend I'll be cranking out a few different small projects.

This morning I finished a character model for a solo D&D game module I found online and hope to try out on Monday; Rolf The Barbarian.


Rolf is a Reaper Pathfinder miniature and one of the things I really liked about him is that he breaks the mould of the traditional huge hulking barbarian.  As a character Rolf's strongest traits are Dexterity and Constitution so a more Heroquesty Barbarian would have been far too big to represent Rolf.

One of the other things worth calling out is that it seems most of the 'adventurer' type figures in the Reaper Pathfinder line seem well layered with lots of bits and pieces of equipment and armour without feeling like they have a lot of decorative nonsense on the figures.

Hopefully by Tuesday I'll be able to update you on how Rolf did on his first adventure!

Stay tuned.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment