Saturday 11 January 2020

Welcome to the Exclusion Zone

(or if you prefer..Time for a Roadside Picnic)

Osprey's newest (in this case; soon to be released) game is Zona Alfa, which appears to be inspired by the Russian sci-fi novel Roadside Picnic.  In both the game and the novel ex-military operators journey into the Exclusion Zone like Indiana Jones style treasure hunters in an attempt to recover forbidden tech for fun and profit.

I'm pretty stoked about trying out a new post-apocalyptic game (because I clearly don't have enough) and based on the art and imagery I've seen so far I think I already have a great start on my force.

Years ago I bought some RAFM modern SWAT figures as well as some criminal/terrorist figures that are now going to get used for the first time.






In addition to these figs, I have four more across three different variants that should give me a decent-sized start to force to head out into the Exclusion Zone.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have a first game to report on and some new models added.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment