Saturday 21 March 2020

Get out and support your friendly local game store

Hi all!

I'm going to climb back up on my soapbox but with what I hope is more positive, and frankly more of an ask.

As we face the current challenge of the day and many of us find ourselves self-isolating local small businesses are struggling as we all stay away from outside contact and the greater public at large.

Your individual health and safety should of course be your main priority but for those of you who are planning a hobby purchase to keep yourselves occupied can I ask for a small favour?  Please make your purchase from your friendly local game store.  Ordering online through a mass product provider is easy but your FLGS really counts on your business and provides you with a hub for your gaming community.  Not only do I REALLY appreciate my FLGS but I (like many of you) am really looking forward to what it will continue providing me with once everything goes back to normal.

I want to be crystal clear; I do not own, work in, or supply any game store, I am merely a grateful customer who wants to see our hobby community hubs come out the other side of our current struggles as strong and positive as they were before all this began.

And now without any further rambling on my part I would like to share a quick, unpaid, promo for MY Friendly Local Game Store.  And if you live anywhere in Canada they can be your Friendly Local Game Store too.  Please check out their website and if there's a purchase in your future please send it their way.

Strategies Games & Hobbies www.strategiesgames.ca in Vancouver has been serving the gaming needs of the greater Vancouver area with 5 star service and an excellent product selection for years.  They have some of the most knowledgeable and friendly staff I have encountered in my 35+ years in gaming.
In response to the current situation they are supplementing their business offering with expanded mail order service (many more items than listed on their website, call or email them for additional info), and curbside pickup for customers local to the Vancouver area.
I'm asking as a longtime friend, customer and supporter that you check them out.  I'll be amazed if after an interaction or two they don't become your first choice for your board/card/miniature/family gaming purchases.

Thanks all, and to anyone who follows me regularly I don't ask this frequently but please reshare this post wherever you can.

-Jay

2 comments:

  1. Jay, stop saying things that make me like and respect you so damn much ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words :)

    Now please pass this however you engage in social media :)

    ReplyDelete