Wednesday 21 August 2013

My first Blood Angel terminator is done!

I'm using the Blood Angel Terminators I painted for Darren over the last year or so as templates/test models for my own figures.  The 2 most significant differences will be that mine are being based exclusively for 40K and will not do double duty in Space Hulk, and, I'm not painting my Librarian "Chapter Approved" colours.

My first model is one of my favourite storm-bolter armed figs from Space Hulk, the one who is crouched down and tearing up a deck plate.


I started off by priming the figure black and then after the primer was dry applying a light spray coat of Army Painter Red.  The armour was then given a wash of Agrax Earthshade before moving on.  The nice thing about the wash is it also draws your attention to areas of separation on the model and helps keep painting neatly.

Once that was dry all the metal was painted Leadbelcher and then given a Nuln Oil wash.  I also painted most of the iconography Dawnstone before giving it a Nuln Oil wash as well.  I decided on the grey tone for the skulls and eagles because in the original flavour text it mentions the icons being stone and it was typically some shade of grey in the original art.


After that I picked out some details.  Sybarite Green for the eyes with a narrow highlight of Necrotite Green through the centre.  All the blood drops were base coated Xereus Purple then highlighted Khador Red Base then washed with Agrax Earthshade before being given a final highlight of Khador Red Base.


So that is the start of my Blood Angels army.  I feel good about the colours and think I'll end up with a fairly cool looking army.

If anybody has any suggestions please feel free to send them my way.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment