Sunday 13 April 2014

Last of the superfigs for this week!

Back with two more awesome Supersystem miniatures and then I'm going to shift gears for a couple of days and see if I can't make a dent in my Blood Angels force.

First up I've got a figure who's package is long gone and who's name I've forgotten but to me he looks like Firelord from Marvel Comics (a former herald of Galactus) so that's what I'm going with.  I like this figure because even though the superhero genre is full of fire-based superheroes they all tend to look too much like the Human Torch for my taste so I really like having a figure that fits that niche but has a different look.


Next up is Killshot.  Killshot is your basic gun-based superhero (anti-hero?) but his obvious inspiration was Grifter from Wildstorm Comics.  When Image first started up in the early 90s Grifter was by far my favourite character so again I'm really happy to have a miniature to represent him.  Heroes like this are great in miniature games but can be a struggle in RPGs because generally shooting people and being a "hero" don't really go hand-in-hand.


I've still got a ton of supers I want to get done, watching the video previews for 4th edition Supersystem on www.playunplugged.com has gotten me really excited to start gaming these rules again but I want to get back to my Blood Angels at least for a few days to get enough stuff to play a small (probably 500 point) game with to re-introduce myself to 40K.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment