Sunday 5 August 2018

Grimjack The Half-Orc Fighter ready for action!

A little bit of paint spread out over a few days and Grimjack is done!

I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.  The dull metals and muted clothing look suitable for a hardscrabble martial character from the wrong side of the tracks.  His flesh tone came out a bit browner than I intended originally (I was going for a pinkish-grey) but due to him being a Bones model with fairly soft detail I didn't want to layer on anymore paint on his face.


Grimjack will be starting out as a simple warrior in the world of Filbar (a series of adventures available online at DMs Guild) with a goal of eventually evolving into an Eldritch Knight.

I've referenced before that when it comes to role-playing its nice to add in figures that you didn't previously have in your collection and now that I'm looking at him not only could I use Grimjack as the Half-Orc he is intended to be but he feels like he would make a good Caliban for the Ravenloft setting.

That's it for me for D&D characters for a bit.  I think some monsters or Age Of Sigmar figs are up next.

-Jay

3 comments:

  1. Well....that was a lot of work for a character who didn't last an hour :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even by my standards I had some abysmal luck with dice rolls with this character.

      Delete
  2. LOL, new painted models always die first!

    ReplyDelete