Wednesday 8 August 2018

Still learning to paint ghost-pants

One of the things I have to give Games Workshop tons of credit for over the last decade is the additions to their paint range under the "Technical" category.  From basing materials to paints opening up new techniques they're really creating some great new stuff for hobbyists.

When the new Age Of Sigmar box was announced I was very excited by the new Nighthaunt figures and thought the studio models looked great and easy to do once I saw the Warhammer TV videos on YouTube.

I figured out the Hexwraith Flame paint (which I used on my Spirit Hosts a few posts back) but am still working out the Nighthaunt Gloom.  I decided to try it out on an extra Reaper armoured wraith model I had kicking around and honestly did not really get the effect I was going for.


I think the mistakes are actually my use rather than the product itself.  It feels like I should have given an extra coat to the top of the model and gone much lighter on my highlighting.

Oh well, live and learn.  This guy is passable if I need an extra figure for a D&D game I suppose.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment