Wednesday 27 March 2019

I'VE GOT A FEVER! AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION.....is more Owlbear!

The funny thing about miniature painting as a hobby is sometimes you'll think you are "done" something, or you have "enough" of something...that's never actually true.

After my most recent Owlbear run a friend pointed out that I didn't have the super-fantastic Gale Force 9 Owlbear, and then he sent me one.

There is so much to like about this model I barely know where to start.  One thing that separates the Gale Force 9 Owlbear from the other models currently on the market is they've gone much heavier on the feather texture as opposed to the bear fur.  Personally I really like this as it makes the creature feel more alien and strange than even the idea of an owl/bear hybrid is to begin with.  The one bear element that the model has retained that I really like is the unbelievably dangerous looking claws.




Overall this is an amazing model that has tons of texture and is a simple joy to paint.

At some point in the not too distant future I see an encounter with a ton of Owlbears attacking a town or village my PCs are camped out in.

Okay...so I think I've now...actually...exhausted all the Owlbear model options currently on the market...again...for now.

-Jay

2 comments:

  1. I can't find this model. Is it a pre-release??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know it's currently only commercially available as part of the D&D Mega-Paint set.

      Delete