Sunday 3 March 2019

The Fiend is currently accepting applications

I've been running a couple of D&D games lately but haven't been playing in as many.  The one game I have been playing in semi-regularly is about to get an upgrade!

A friend decided to run a group of us through the original U series of AD&D modules using the current 5th edition rules set.  That first module series from TSR's UK division consisted of; Sinister Secret Of Saltmarsh, Danger At Dunwater, and The Final enemy.  We had just concluded the first module in the series (Sinister Secret Of Saltmarsh) when Wizards Of The Coast announced their next campaign book is Ghosts Of Saltmarsh, which is apparently both a 5th edition update of the original trilogy along with a bunch of new material for supporting nautical adventures.

Coming out of our last session my character, Garkas, had begun the process of recruiting sailors to his cause.  His first two recruits were a pair of brothers from Saltmarsh but I'm sure more loyal followers lie in his future.




Doing these figures also gave me the opportunity to use my new green stuff roller that has wooden boards as it's texture.  I really like how these turned out and even though I'll be sticking with cobblestones for most of my fantasy bases my revised Garkas model (Captain Garkas?) will definitely use this basing style as well.

For my first two sailors (I'm sure I'll be adding more soon) I used the plastics for Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago.  With the expansion of the Saltmarsh gaming material I'm super glad to have gotten these as I think a bunch more sailor models are in my future.

This also might be the push to get off my butt and move from Felstad to the actual Ghost Archipelago and get some more games in using the Frostgrave rules.

-Jay
 

No comments:

Post a Comment