Monday 4 May 2020

Let the (new) workers revolt BEGIN!

It's been awhile since I did some work on any models for Broken Contract but when I got my notification that the models from their newest release we're shipping to me I figured I'd better get off my butt and get the three miniatures from their last release done ASAP.

Broken Contract is a game set in a dystopian world where indentured miners toil under oppressive conditions.  The basic premise of most game scenarios is that the miners have decided to break their contracts, revolt and escape.  As enthusiastic as I have been about the game the main reason I hadn't rushed to paint the last release is that I have been playing the security force (Black Squadron Security) in the game and the last release and now this new one have been for the miner (Breaker) faction.  Having said all that I realized I could paint all the new Breaker models and end up with a force that is distinctly visually different from my friends Breaker forces made up up miniatures from the first wave.

So without any further ado please allow me to introduce my first Breaker Gen-Mod model.

Gen-Mods are genetically modified workers who are enhanced both chemically and with cybernetics.  For those of you not familiar with the game they are roughly ogre-sized and the fellow you see here is standing on a 40mm base.  In addition to being a fantastic model in his own right, this miniature is also the character depicted on the front of the Broken Contract starter box.

Broken Contract is available online at https://breakerpress.storenvy.com/ also please check out their blog in the sidebar as it covers some other cool gaming as well.

That's it for today, two more Breakers to get done (hopefully) before my Breaker kids and dog arrive!

-Jay

2 comments:

  1. This is exciting! Great job and thanks for the plug. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick!
    Can't wait to see what's next for Broken Contract!

    ReplyDelete