Monday 8 June 2015

Take Back The Night crew box beginning to take shape

Last night I was able to make a decent start on my Take Back The Night crew box.  I usually choose to finish by painting the Master last but this time out I decided to paint Molly first.  The main reason driving this decision is that I have a tendency to not get my new Masters done in time for games that are coming up and then I really just play like I'm adding a model or two to an existing crew.  I have a game on Friday and I'm determined that Molly will lead my forces that day!

I had previously painted the metal version of Molly and although it was a nice miniature looking back I clearly rushed painting it and it came out a bit sloppy.  One of the things that worked out really well for my this time around was that I painted Molly during breaks in odd jobs I was doing around my house.  This meant that every time I sat down and worked on her for 5-10 minutes I was fresh and every thing on the model was dry.  The big challenges with Molly were painting a large yellow area but the texture on the dress really helped with that, and choosing a skin tone.  I wanted to get Molly's skin tone half-way between my zombie skin colour and my normal "healthy" human skin colour.  I think it turned out fairly well, I'm looking forward to how it looks on the tabletop.


Alongside Molly is the Necrotic Machine.  The Necrotic Machine is Molly's totem (sidekick basically for those of you who don't play Malifaux).  The Necrotic Machine was fairly quick and easy to paint being primarily metal.  The one thing I tried that unfortunately didn't photograph very well was painting all the tubes and hoses very lightly and then using Citadel's 'Blood For The Blood God' to convey the sense that blood or some other red chemical was flowing through the machine.

That's it for today, now I'm just trying to decide if the Crooligans are next or Philip and The Nanny?

-Jay

2 comments:

  1. These look great. I really like the Necrotic Machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It's nice to get a steam-punky robot that doesn't look like another variation on gun and smashy weapon.

      Delete