Wednesday 7 February 2018

Take your child to work day - APOCALYPSE EDITION!!

When Walking Dead All Out War came out I was super stoked about it and painted up the Road To Woodbury set right away so I could play the solo version of the game right away.

Fast forward to a year-plus later and I'm finally getting ready to play against a live opponent.  During my initial rush I painted a pile of zombies but the only survivor I needed was Brian Blake so I painted him and then kind of forgot about the rest of the survivors while I merrily went on adding zombies to my collection.

For my games this week I needed to get at least 4 more survivors done but if I get motivated to do some late night painting I might add a few of the survivors from the boosters as well (I'm thinking Shane and Andrea first).

This morning I painted Rick and son Carl.  The funny thing is as key as they are to the story and as good as they are in the game I initially felt no pressure to get them done because even if I wanted to use them in a game I have my Studio Miniatures versions already painted.



These figures continue to highlight what a great job Mantic did not only with the sculpting but the casting on these figures.  The Walking Dead figures are cast in a medium that seems to be somewhere between hard plastic and soft vinyl.  It's a bit soft but holds a high level of detail.  I really like all the figures I've gotten so far in The Walking Dead line and even if I don't play the game a lot I'm sure their figures will find their way into other games I'm playing as well.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment