Sunday 23 September 2018

I better get my Shadespire stuff done before Nightvault comes out

Games Workshop has been teasing season 2 of their Warhammer Underworlds game; Nightvault.  When Shadespire initially came out I wasn't really all that excited.  It looked like a decent enough game but playing miniatures on a board wrapped in a competitive-play style just isn't really my thing.
After watching my friends play for about a year and seeing more spring up around the game as well as the new starter having some more undead for Age Of Sigmar in it I've decided to jump in.

Having said that, even though I didn't play Shadespire I did pick up the Sepulchral Guard figures.  Now that I'm looking at new figures its made me aware that these have been sitting unpainted for a year and and I should get off my butt and paint them before the new figures come out next week.
The Sepulchral Guard set is only seven figures and I did paint one of them (The Sepulchral Warden) in December last year.  Of the six remaining figures there are three unique characters and three  similar figures called the Petitioners, I decided to start with the Petitioners.

At their core the Petitioners are basically nice new sculpts of the basic Warhammer skeletons. They were fairly easy to paint with a little dry-brushing and some washes going a very long way.

That's four of the seven models done.  If I can get the other three done this week I won't have to feel bad about getting the Nightvault models.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment