Friday 21 September 2018

They don't 'survive' in the post-apocalypse, they 'thrive' in it!

I've been playing a lot of post-apocalyptic games lately and as much as I've done the wacky (lots of Gamma World inspired stuff) I've decided to take a crack at painting some stuff that's more in line with some of the other fiction and games I've been in to.

One of the popular concepts in fiction and gaming is a pre-apocalypse society having put fail safes into place should the apocalypse happen.  This is the basic idea behind the video game The Division as well as the roots of both The Brotherhood Of Steel and The Enclave in Fallout.  For myself I've been reading a fiction series called The Remaining and am an old enough gamer to have played The Morrow Project RPG.

To that end I've decided to paint some high-tech near-future military figures with the idea of using them both as Reclaimers for This Is Not A Test and professional operators for Last Days.



I have an assortment of USAriadna models for Infinity that should be perfect.  I started with two basic assault rifle armed troopers but if I stick with it I've got some support weapon models to add in later.

Not sure how far I'll take this but I expect to paint at least a few more of these before I get distracted by the next shiny thing.

-Jay

3 comments:

  1. How do you like The Remaining? I loved that series! I wish they'd make it into a TV show on Netflix or Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had read somewhere that The Remaining had been optioned as a TV show or movie. Can't remember the source though.

      Personally I like it. I've only read the first book but I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

      Delete
  2. I loved The Remaining series! Lee Harden is awesome as the main character. Wish they'd make it a TV series on Netflix or Amazon.

    ReplyDelete