Saturday 7 December 2019

A sudden odd realization about the Wardlings line

As part of my 'catch-up' on sharing what I've been working on I have another batch of the awesome Wardlings minis by WizKids I wanted to share.

I've spoken about the Wardlings in the past and my opinion on the many things that make them great has not changed in any way but apparently while prepping and basing up these figures I became slightly more aware of something.  As awesome as the character models are, I'm clearly buying these figures for the little animals and familiars.  I have historically struggled to paint extremely small figures and maintain the same quality of paint jobs that I've been able to get on larger figures so some of these tiny creatures have remained out of my collection for decades.  The Wardlings line has provided some excellent small companions and familiars at a high level of detail for (in my opinion) a really reasonable price.

I can always use another properly scaled dog miniature (those are harder to come by then you may think), and the tiny genie is great, but the best model in this grouping for me is the winged snake.  This has long been one of those 'I wish I had...' models for me so I'm stoked to add one to my collection.

In addition I got a few more of the PC models based up.

The young fighter feels like the EXACT model I wish I had when I was 11-12 and first got into D&D to use as my own character model.  The chainmail and sword and shield combo would have been perfect for the first hundred or so characters I played in D&D.  Two more young girl figures fill out the mix and are ready to support a game if my daughter ever wants to jump in. I particularly like the Druid as the spell effect and the antlers make her look pretty bad-ass in my opinion.

Tomorrow, it's time to reveal the first batches of models for my up coming Forlorn Hope campaign!

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment