Friday 13 December 2019

Arkhan The Cruel

Being a late-comer to the world of Twitch and streaming D&D games in general I was genuinely stunned a year-ish ago when I started discovering all this crazy content on YouTube.  I was also fairly surprised to see a number of celebrities involved in steaming D&D games but viewed most of those appearances as an extension of an acting profession or a set of improv skills.

But...then you see a celebrity player play the same character across two campaigns and a variety of one-shots and realise; nope, this person is pretty serious about their D&D.

Meet Arkhan The Cruel.


Arkhan is the Dragonborn Oath-breaker Paladin played by Joe Manganiello across a number of different games and now appearing as an NPC in the newly released Baldur's Gate Descent Into Avernus.

This miniature is by Gale Force 9 and depicts Arkhan immediately after severing his own hand and replacing it with the hand of Vecna.  Initially I acquired this model with the intention of running Descent Into Avernus, but it now looks like that won't be happening.  I'm still stoked to have a really nice Dragonborn model to add to my collection and I have begun thinking lately; maybe Arkhan would make a good Darklord for Ravenloft?

I have a feeling Arkhan will be making an appearance in a game soon, I just have to decide what game and in what capacity.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment