Wednesday 4 December 2019

Bugbears and some odds and ends

Over the past couple of weeks I've been steadily getting some models done for two upcoming games.  In that same time however I've been fairly poor at posting those models.  Over the remainder of this week I'm hoping to show off some of what I've gotten done.

First up; Bugbears!

Bugbears are a classic and iconic D&D humanoid species that looking back I've barely ever used in my home games.  I had wanted to add some to my collection for a long time and when I saw the two different packs WizKids had available the time was now.  There's two options I particularly like about these figures, both of which were featured on the same model.  First up, there is a female.  Most RPG miniature companies currently offer a good selection of female PC models but there tend to be very few female monster options.  Secondly; there is a spell-caster.  Most humanoid NPC models tend to be fighty characters so it's nice when a caster gets thrown into the mix.  I'm really happy to have these in my collection and I hope WizKids does another pack or two of Bugbears down the road.

Pixies!

Another WizKids pack.  I'm currently playing in a game set in the Margreve setting by Kobold Press and the Warlock character I started off playing needed a familiar miniature.  A Pixie felt like the right choice.  I initially painted the Pixie with the earth and grass base as I felt that worked best for the setting, but then realised the basing didn't match my character model who I had used cobblestones on.  I did a second Pixie with matching basing but ironically ended up switching to a new character before the model ever hit the table.  I have enough wilderness adventures planned that I'm sure my Pixies will still get some use in the near future.

The goodest boy!


Quite awhile back (over a year ago?) I backed the Dungeons & Doggos kickstarter thinking that those were models my daughter might be excited about painting.  I was wrong but that doesn't detract from the fact that they are really cool models.  I painted this dog up to be a companion animal for my Saltmarsh campaign character Garkas.

That's the first few new additions, check back tomorrow for more!

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment