Wednesday 18 December 2019

More odds and ends for Dungeons & Dragons

My painting has been fairly focused on actual (rather than theoretical) games that I have upcoming but last night I finished up a few odd figures for no particular reason.

First up is an awesome looking human paladin with a flaming sword by WizKids.


This figure was included in a two-pack with the figure I used for Sir Donnegal.  So although I had no immediate use for the figure the pack was open and sitting on my desk so I decided to slap some paint on him.  He's a fairly classic looking heroic holy fighter type and I'm sure I'll have a use for him in a game at some point in the future.  He also feels like he'll mix well with the small collection of paladins and clerics I've painted this year.

In the same vein I had gotten WizKids Imp & Quasit because I needed an Imp and ended up with the Quasit sitting on my desk waiting for paint.

I don't think I've ever used a Quasit in a game as the Imp has always seemed more iconic to me but it's nice to add another classic monster to my collection.  The Quasit is actually a really nice miniature (that I had a hard time photographing) with quite a lot of detail for a figure of it's tiny size.

Unlike the first two models I actually got this Reaper Halfling model with the intention of using it the next time I decide to play a halfling in a game.

I have a fair number of Lord Of The Rings hobbit miniatures but I can never get past the idea that they are the named character they represent.  I was really happy to find a halfling model that blended really well with the hobbit miniatures but was none-the-less not a unique character.  I seldom play halflings but when I saw this featured as one of the new Reaper Bones models I knew I wanted it for the next time I play one.

Well that's it for now, I will probably be painting one miniature for a holiday themed game before the weekend and then back to Ravenloft for some small scenery bits.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment