Friday, 21 June 2013

Project Vampire: A New Beginning

Yesterday I alluded to the fact that I was going to be starting a new project (really should finish Scrapheap first....) and today marks my first entry.

As I started getting away from doing the undead for RPGs I found I had accumulated a ridiculous amount of models for roleplaying, more than I'd ever be able to use in an encounter that would fit on my kitchen table.  So I've decided to do some chopping and swapping with the goal of turning those models into a mass combat army for games like Warhammer and Kings Of War.

My first project was to rebase and touch up a couple more wolves who will be joining the 5 wolves I did a few months ago.  On one hand this is great as it either gives me the start of a second unit or it allows me to bulk out my original unit to 10 models.  The downside of using blind-pack pre-painted models for something like this is that I don't know when or if I'll be able to find 3 more wolves to complete this.

The bulk of what will be getting painted for Project Vampire will be some D&D pre-painted Zombies & Ghouls getting touched-up and re-based for mass combat as well as a pile of Mantic Skeletons finally getting some much needed paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment