Sunday 9 June 2013

The Iron Patriot Take Two

I got what I desperately wanted from the Iron-Man 3 movie Heroclix set; the new Iron Patriot model.
(apologies for the poor photo, I shot it several times and I'm not sure if it's the reflective paint but it just doesn't want to focus properly).


I think the Iron Patriot figure is great for a number of reasons.  First up, let's be honest, it's just a cool figure!  Between the shoulder cannon, the military markings and the colour scheme it just looks like it's all business.  Secondly the figure is a little more multi-use than an Iron Man figure.  At the end of the first Gamma World campaign I played in my character had found a suit of power armour with a big gun and this would have been perfect, in addition it would work in any sci-fi or superhero setting where you need a U.S. themed Patriotic figure.  And lastly he's going to be yet another star player on my 'What If ?' Avengers team.

The other thing that's kind of cool if the figure gets used for some Marvel based superhero RPGs is that a friend of mine recently informed me that in recent Marvel history 3 completely different characters have donned the Iron Patriot armour. 
The first was Norman Osborn (The Green Goblin) who wore the armour during the Dark Reign story line as the head of the Dark Avengers (still one of my favourite Avengers books ever).
The second is in Marvel Ultimate continuity Tony Stark (Iron Man) wears the Iron Patriot Armour serving under President Captain America in a near future ultra-patriotic USA.
And third in the recent Iron Man 3 movie Jim Rhodes (War Machine) ditches his War Machine armour for the Iron Patriot suit.

Love the look of the armour in the comics and movies and I love this figure!

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment