Saturday 19 March 2016

It's taken me almost 4 years to start escaping from Goblintown

Over three years ago Games Workshop put their Lord Of The Rings range to bed and started with their new line of miniatures based on The Hobbit movies.

I really enjoyed the Lord Of The Rings game (still do) so I was at my local GW store about 5 minutes after the gate opened on release day to get a copy of The Hobbit Escape From Goblintown.  I started painting the forces of good almost immediately but I never really rushed to get them done so they only just got finished last year.  Embarrassing when you realise the good side is only 15 models total.

Even more embarrassing is the realisation that not a single goblin ever even got assembled.

Fast forward to now-ish and I have 2 separate games coming up where I need broken or unnatural looking men.  I don't have anything exactly right for what I need but these goblins seem like a really good substitute.

I really like the models as they are extremely well textured, they are great representations of the goblins in the movie and in-spite of being single piece models the game comes with 18 different sculpts so you get a huge horde without having a lot of repetition.


I have some other projects on my table right now that are a higher priority so I probably won't get the remaining 24 goblins done soon but now that I have a taste for them it won't take me another 4 years to come back around to them.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment