Friday 19 April 2013

Justice League Dark:  Zatanna

A while back I posted a picture of a Reaper female magician with the stated intent of using her as Zatanna in some superhero gaming with the caveat that I wasn't sure if I could get away with using her in my DC Adventures game because her look in the New 52 reboot was radically different.  Just last week I got my hands on one of the New 52 Zatanna figs and decided to touch her up so I had the appropriate figure on a base that matched the rest of my new/current superheroes.


I have to admit I'm somewhat conflicted about this figure.  The design is well executed and I love the energy halos around her hands but I still prefer the "classic" Zatanna to the new reboot Zatanna.  I've moved away from my original plan for my game so I'm not certain I need her for DC Adventures anymore but I wanted to get her done and the figure itself could be used in lots of different modern/near-future games.

I think for my next superhero fig I'm going to dig into the backlog to pick out another member for my Secret Society of The 52 for Supersystem.

-Jay

8 comments:

  1. Classic Zatanna? You're talking about the fishnets, aren't you? C'mon man, don't front... ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure latex goth chick is any better :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds like dialogue from Archer:
    I told you Mother, they weren't schoolgirls, they were prostitutes *dressed* as schoolgirls!
    "And that makes it better?"
    Doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll wear my tactical turtleneck or "tactileneck" next time I'm painting.

      Delete
  3. fishnets, tuxedy tails, cleavage and top hat why would the ever change that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad, you speak wih the voice of the people.

      Delete
  4. Indeed! We demand you paint and display classic Zatanna at your earliest convenience.

    Well, not so much demand as suggest.

    Beg, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added my tags to the left side of the blog. If you click on Reaper or superheroes then I believe your wish is my command.

      Delete