Thursday 18 April 2013

There are some injuries even a tough guy can't "walk off"

Today's addition to the growing ragtag collection of survivors is John McLane circa the first Die Hard movie.

This is another fantastic miniature from Studio Miniatures and really showcases the highest standard of their sculpting.  There are a ton of companies out there doing movie characters of various quality but this miniature is in my opinion one of the best.  The likeness of Bruce Willis is decent and the details on the figure (wrap around the feet, the pose, the hair, etc) are perfect and in addition this figure has the best sculpted MP-5s in my collection.


I chopped up the plastic on the pack he came in to create some shattered glass for the base and I think the effect turned out reasonably well.

I've got a slew of other Studio Miniatures survivors on my desk waiting for some attention who should be debuting here soon.

-Jay

2 comments:

  1. Jay you need to post more often! I can't wait days for glimpses onto your painting station!
    Also, I managed to nab a Judge Dredd from Ryan from the Indy Clix range. Think I'll take a page from your book and rebase him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jordan!
      I'm not sure when I'll be up next but next time I'm inyour neighbourhood I've got duplicates of all the clix Judge models, I'll make sure to bring you one of each.

      Delete