Saturday 22 September 2012

Dredd 3D Test Model

I've had a love-hate relationship with painting Judge Dredd miniatures for years.  I love painting them because I've been a huge Judge Dredd fan for over 25 years, and I hate painting them because I always felt the colour scheme didn't translate well from comics to miniatures.

After seeing Dredd 3D (which was great fun!) I decided to paint a test model to try applying the movie's colour scheme to a tabletop miniature to see if that worked.  On one hand the combination of grey, black and dark blue comes out a little washed out as they all tend to blend together, but on the other hand it looks significantly better (in my opinion anyway) than the green that is all over the boots and other accessories in the comic art.

To me the test model looks okay, especially for something I painted in 30 minutes so I may paint another 5 or so Judges just to see if it carries over.  If not he may not surface in a Judge Dredd game but I'm sure I can use him as a generic space-cop in some sci-fi rpg.

Thanks for visiting
-Jay



 

No comments:

Post a Comment