Friday 30 September 2016

Forgeworld Imperial Enforcer

I've never been one of those gamers who has that collecting-gene where if something is "rare" or "limited" I feel the need to acquire it.  Having said that I am one of those gamers that gets disappointed when a cool "limited" piece is released for an army I actually play and I can't get my paws on it.

A couple of years ago Forgeworld did an event exclusive figure of an Imperial Enforcer with a cyber-Mastiff.  This was doubly frustrating for me because not only would I not be at any of the events the figure would be available at but to boot it was for an army that had so few different figures in it.

Luckily for me my friend Jordan came to the rescue and picked me up one of these AWESOME figures at an event he attended.  Thanks again Jordan and let us never speak of how long it took me to get paint on this figure.

So pre-amble aside I decided to paint this guy to match my existing Arbites/Enforcer models.  I'm happy with that choice because it means I'll actually use him in some games but I do have some slight (only slight) regrets given that he's a pretty spectacular piece and the lack of contrast I use on my Arbites models means he doesn't 'pop' like something coloured differently.


Depending on what army list I'm using he'll probably be some sort of HQ model.  I also got the chance to use the new 32mm Games Workshop imperial/urban bases that I'll be using on all my Arbites going forward.

If any of you have an suggestions for good unofficial army lists or models that you think would work with an Arbites army please share your thoughts in the comments section.  I feel like I've been painting the same models for this army for 20ish years.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment