Saturday 17 September 2016

This time a "classic" super-mutant fresh from the Capitol Wasteland

I've been hitting the wacky mutant humanoid/animal thing pretty hard lately so I've decided to back it up a bit and try to go a bit more 'classic' wasteland look for the next week or two.

First up Reaper does this mutant which is a spot-on match for the super-mutants from Fallout 3.


Way back when I painted my old school mutants I knew I wanted them to eventually match the skin from those Fallout 3 super-mutants so this guy should blend in pretty well with my existing mutants.  I followed Games Workshop's guide fro painting Escape From Goblintown goblins for my mutant skin-tone with the only significant change being that I also applied a red-wash around the eyes to make them look a bit more unhealthy.

I'm really happy with how this figure turned out, my only regret is that he doesn't come with extra arms so I could make more than one.  I bought a second one but the challenge in converting it will be finding limbs with matching proportions.

I think I might break from mutants for awhile and do some raiders so keep an eye out for that.

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment