Wednesday 7 September 2016

The pig, the myth, the legend...

We all like to pretend that we know what's coming, or we figured out the plot twist before it happens.  I'm not going to lie, if you had asked me when I painted my first miniature in 1986; "Hey Jay, at some point do you think you'll paint a giant pig-man armed with a street lamp and riot shield?" I don't think I would have seen that coming.

As Ash and I ramp up to what I suspect is the beginning of the end of our super-fun This Is Not A Test campaign I do need to bust out a "boss monster" type figure for the final encounter and this feels pretty right to me.




So Napoleon is a Wrath Of Kings Teknes model armed with a street lamp from the Malifaux Lamps pack and carrying a shock shield (that I found during my first post-game way back when) from a Games Workshop Ogryn kit.

I'm really impressed with how all the pieces came together and I think the figure looks suitably ramshackle while also being super-menacing.

He should see some paint over the next few days and then the mayhem is only a game or two away!

-Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment