After all the build up I finally got brush in hand and got down to it tonight and realized it's been a long time since I assembly-line painted models.
My basic plan is to paint my figs in 4 groups of 13. There are 4 variants of the trooper models so basically I'm painting 13 identical figures before moving onto the next batch. The exception is that anytime I put on anything that has an extended drying time (washes & texture paint mostly) I'm working ahead on the next batch of 13.
In my head the plan tonight was to get the first 13 completely finished and to get the next 13 to the point where I could easily finish them tomorrow night.....I fell well short of both goals. My first 13 are probably 75% done which means it should take me about 2 hours to finish them tomorrow but my next 13 are barely started. I still feel good about the progress that I made and if I can catch an extra hour or two in the next couple of days I'll be back on track, otherwise I may have set myself up for second place finish (at best).
Tomorrow should be an interesting day. I'm hoping to get some painting done in the morning to start catching up a bit on my schedule.